We’re currently looking for people to join our team.
Positions available: Loft Fitter, Handyman, Carpenter, Multi trades
About us: The Loft Boys are a family-run business that has been serving North and West home counties for the last 20 years. We have grown to an enviable size business but we aren’t finished yet. We want some awesome fitters who want to support and help us grow the business.
The Loft Boys are one of the UK’s leading loft fitting companies based in Hertfordshire. Owing to increasing demand and business growth we are looking for experienced carpenters/fitters to join our growing team. We are based in Hoddesdon and cover the South East. You will join the team on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a highly competitive starting salary of £26,000 per annum, this has the potential to quickly rise to £30,000 with a demonstrated skill set and to £35,000 if you move into a Team Leader position.
Your experience in first and second fix carpentry will enable you on a day-to-day basis to liaise confidently with domestic customers in the following main areas:
- installation of loft boarding
- fitting loft windows
- installing ladders and hatches
- removal of and laying insulation.
It goes without saying we pride ourselves on health and safety and need our fitters to be fully aware of these requirements too.
All our team members join as a Fitter’s Mate and we have a comprehensive training programme to bring you up to business basics. Asbestos Removal (Cat B) Training & Forklift training will be provided if not already held.
Once you’ve had this and also demonstrated competence in all areas, we offer all our people the chance to progress to being a Team Lead and benefitting from the increase in salary to £35,000 per annum.
What are we looking for in our Fitters?
- You must be either NVQ level 2 qualified or a minimum of 5 years ‘on the tools’ experience.
- Have great attention to detail and be organised
- Is a positive and cooperative member of the team.
- Good problem-solving / out of the box thinking skills
- Great timekeeping and attendance – your reliability is our business reliability to our customers.
And ideally, you may also have
- Asbestos awareness and removal certification
- Be first aid certified
- Have a Full clean driving license
- Obtained a Forklift truck operators license
- Experience in reading design drawings
So if this role excites you then please apply today. You may be self-employed and worried about where the security of the next job is and want paid holidays, you may want more consistency in your work with the ability to progress within a small and friendly family run firm, you may just want to work Monday to Friday and have your weekends back. Maybe you are looking to retire and step down to 2-3 days / week Whatever your reason please apply today.
Multi Tradesman / Maintenance Person / Carpenter
Full-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: £26,000.00 – £35,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Joinery: 1 year (preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (preferred)
- Carpenters: 3 years (preferred)