We’ve consulted with our health and safety advisers and the CLC (Construction Leadership Council) to come up with a set of guidelines which are designed to ensure a safe working environment for you, your family and our staff.
- On arrival at the property, the surveyor will sanitise their hands, knock on the door and then stand 2 metres away from the door.
- Please ensure that you can adhere to the 2-metre distancing rule and stand back to allow the surveyor entry.
- Upon entry, they will then put on a pair of disposable gloves. HSE has instructed that we do not need to wear a mask unless specified by you, the customer, beforehand.
- They will then ask for a brief instruction on what you are looking to do in the loft and then ask that you guide them to where the loft hatch is to gain entrance.
- You may follow the surveyor up to the loft hatch entrance and stand at the foot of the ladder while they are in the loft but you will not be allowed to enter the loft with them. Distancing must be kept at all times.
- Once they have carried out the survey, they will dispose of the gloves accordingly in a sealed bag. They will then put on another pair of gloves.
- If you have an outdoor area for the surveyor to sit down and go through the drawings with you, that would be ideal – if not, we ask that an area can be provided where the 2-metre distancing rule can be adhered to.
- The surveyor will then hand you an iPad which they will sanitise beforehand and then from another device, they can go through the survey with you.
- They will then produce a quotation and draw out a floor plan and leave it with you.
- The surveyor will then take back the iPad and sanitise it again before leaving your property.
- Once they have left the property, they will remove the gloves (and mask if they were asked to wear one) and dispose of in a sealable bag.
If you have any extra requirements you’d like our surveyor to adhere to during the visit you can always talk to us in the office before the survey date and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate your requests.
We’re taking your safety and ours extremely seriously!